2012: SORRY BOOKED OUT
Polo classes in South Africa
After the impressive riding safari last January, we wanted to return to this fascinating country and if possible to travel again with our fantastic tour guide Charles, who shares our love of riding alongside our passion for gastronomy and fascinating wines. We opted for a polo resort in the Winelands. Nestled in a fantastic landscape, this facility is one of the most beautiful and breathtaking in the world. “Excellent” commented our tour guide after a detailed “inspection” of the horses, the accommodation, the wines produced on the estate and the gastronomy.
Together with Carl, we prepared our journey that would allow:
- to see a lot of Cape Town and the Winelands
- to extensively play polo
- to experience on horse back the beautiful Winelands, to ride along the endless beaches of the southern Cape region and to discover the nature reserves and the wild horses.
The trip is suitable for both polo beginners and experienced players. Non-riding family members are offered an alternative program. For example, the visit of the many golf courses in the region. For climate reasons, were designed by the daily programme as follows: early morning training, afternoon excursions and horseback riding.
3 nights in a 4star hotel in Cape Town, in the spacious bungalows of 220m2 180 directly to the Polo Resort. The houses count 3 or 4 double rooms with separate bath and room service. More than enough space to accommodate additional family members. Should someone wish to share a house with friends, the cost of the tour is reduced to CHF 2.480/Person.
Carl, who has lived 42 years in South Africa, is the best possible tour guide. Never did we have a feeling of insecurity during our trip in January 2011.
The price includes:
- Accommodation as described above
- Festive welcome dinner on the first evening
- Breakfast at the Polo Restaurant light lunch at noon at the Polo Restaurant
- All airport transfers, Cape Town, Polo Resort, riding trips and excursions
- 10 2-hour lessons including polo and horse trainer or chukkas
- Trips to the Cape of Good Hope, Sundowner Champagne Ride off the coast of Cape Town in a historic schooner, Victoria and Albert Waterfront,
Robben Island, Green Market, a wine tour and visit of three wineries, visit of Franschoek and Pears
- 5 rides on the beaches of Cape Town, the Winelands and to the the wild horses in the surrounding nature reserves.
CHF 7550/person (double-room).
For further information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.